The gospel that God and love does not exist, and that making money is all that matters

Jerome Nwonuma:



Ozodi Osuji

      Jerome, do you say what you say just to pull people’s legs, or do you mean them?

      According to you, there is no God and love.

      If so, what kind of society are you producing, what would make people care for each other, or do people also not need to care for each other?

     Is it the case that if one has money that is all that matters in life? If so, what prevents one’s neighbor from killing one and taking one’s money?

     Please read Thomas Hobbes (1651) book, Leviathan; in it he described what happened in the metaphorical state of nature where there was no love, and law; people were at perpetual war with each other, killing each other for their properties and life was nasty, brutish and short. Hobbes is considered the foremost Western political philosopher (Plato, Aristotle, Nicolo Machiavelli, Thomas Hobbes, John Locke, Jeremy Bentham, John Stuart Mill and Karl Marx are must read in political philosophy).

     It seems to me that you just say whatever enters your head without thinking them through; you do not seem to think about the consequences of your seeming youthful exuberant statements.

      In the type of society that you seem working towards, we would have to hire many police officers, place one around each citizen to protect him for he would not be protected by what naturally protects people, love and belief in God.

     Law has no more than 10% effect in protecting people, the other 90% source of protection of people derives from love, God and other mythopoetic aspects of people.

      In the world that you are working towards, an amoral and mercenary world, the police would not fear God and not love people and is only motivated in getting paid money, he might as well kill the rich and take their money; and mercenary judges are bribed and not punish criminals.

     Africa was, and still largely is considered primitive, a place of savages because until recently Africans were running around, capturing their people and selling them to Arabs and white men. That is, they had no love for each other and sought only money!

     Read Joseph Conrad, The Heart of Darkness; for a moment put aside your penchant for blaming white folks for all the ills of Africa and think about what Africans did to themselves and still do so in converting their continent to a huge bribe taking haven.

     Your country, Nigeria is already a jungle where loveless people kidnap and hold people hostage for ransom payment and sometimes kill their victims; you also want to make Nigerian marriages loveless? What would be the outcome of such mercenary social arrangements? People killing each other for money even in marriages!

      Anyone reading you would draw the inference that making money by any means necessary is fine. This is the type of philosophy that spawned Nigeria’s criminal politicians and Yahoo boys.

   Those who contribute to knowledge, the great scientists, such as Nicolas Copernicus, Galileo, Kepler, Isaac Newton, James Clark Maxwell, Charles Darwin, Alexander Fleming, Pasteur, Jenner, Albert Einstein, Henri Becquerel, J.J. Thompson, Pierre and Marie Curie, Max Planck, Ernest Rutherford, Neil Bohr, Louis Broglie, Werner Heisenberg, Edwin Schrodinger, Wolfgang Pauli, Paul Dirac, Lise Meitner, John Wheeler, Francis Crick, James Watson, those were the accepted greatest scientists of this world, were motivated by love and passion for what they did; most of them died poor!

     Notice that I did not mention any African’s name because none of them have made seminal contribution to science; if your lifestyle is embraced by your fellow Africans, they would not make seminal contribution to science.

      Aristotle, have you heard of him, considered the monied merchant class necessary evil, inferior persons…do you remember the rich of the past or the philosophers and scientists; like most thinkers Aristotle recognized intellectuals and artists as the best of humanity?

    You have said enough for a mental health professional to wonder whether you have a pathological personality disorder? Take a break from making incendiary statements.

     Narcissistic statements have their limits, as we see in the case of Donald Trump. As an older person you are supposed to guide young people towards prosocial ways, not to antisocial ways of living.

    For what it is worth, ponder why many Nigerians do not like your people, Igbos; they see them as money mad and lacking love and commitment to causes greater than their egos and bodies survival.

     Human beings tend to admire those who serve social interest not those who live only for their bellies and their bellies are food for worms.

Ozodi Osuji

February 11, 2022

Comments are closed.