MEDITATION ON THE FALSE SELF, THE EGO AND ITS DEFENSE MECHANISMS
I know this old woman, she is always saying that people are stealing from her (she even placed a mechanism to watch her apartment when she is out, to see thieves enter it), and that people are saying negative things about her; no one does any of those things; she is paranoid.
Paranoia is an ego defense mechanism; when a person feels physically weak and or is aware of encroaching death, in old age, he feels paranoid; he posits the ego and makes it important by defending it and seeking to make it real, to avert death.
If the ego is not defended one dies to the ego and knows one’s real self, part of unified spirit self, God and all people and in that knowledge is reborn in awareness of one’s real self, son of God, Christ.
In Christ, one’s real self, one lives in peace.
Weak people and old people want to live in ego, in this world hence they adopt paranoid ego defense mechanism to make their egos seem real to them, make them seem alive on earth.
If you remove the paranoid ego, big ego, you live as Christ, the son of God, your real self.
You do not die when you give up the ego, big or small, but live from your real self, the son of God, Christ, and live-in peace and joy.
A friend in the USA is increasingly paranoid; he feels his approaching old age (he is in his 80s) making his body weak, and trying to make his ego die and he defends against it by pretending to be a big self, engaging in grandiose projects that are more fitted for young persons; above all, he is always accusing people of trying to snitch on him to the authorities about his stealing behaviors.
He has sociopathic tendencies; he rationalizes stealing from Americans by saying that white folks stole oil and gold from Africa; he tells me that he is a dangerous man because he does rootless and amoral, anti-social things. Is he trying to impress me with his imaginary power, or intimidate me? He is a powerless clown pretending to be powerful. He is engaged in ego desire for power to mask its powerlessness.
Another person employing paranoid ego defense mechanism is E. She feels physically pained and weak, she feels like her ego would die out and she compensates with grandiose ego, delusion of grandeur; now she feels like she knows it all and that other people know nothing; she is using paranoid, deluded ego defense to make her ego seem real and alive in this world.
If she stopped defending her ego with deluded ego defense mechanism, if she lets go of that grandiose ego, she will experience her real self, the son of God and live peacefully and happily.
YOU ARE THE SON OF GOD WHO INVENTS THE EGO AND CREATES OTHER SONS OF GOD.
One’s identity is the son of God. One is always in unified spirit state, in God, heaven and cannot separate from God and other sons of God.
In heaven one continues to create other sons of God for creation has no beginning and no end. At the same time, a part of one’s mind goes sleeping and inventing egos; that part of one’s mind is on earth inventing its ego and helping invent other people’s egos.
You are not the ego, you are the inventor of the ego, big or small; you invented the ego to enable you to survive on earth. Since the ego you made does not work for you, you can remake it, now remake it with your right mind, the Holy Spirit (here you form holy relationships where you love and forgive people the bad that they did to you).
You can remake your paranoid, delusional defense mechanism, seeking importance to seem important ego, to a humble ego that has good relationship with all people.
Or you let go of the ego entirely, stop using all ego defense mechanisms, and awaken to your real self, son of God and know yourself as part of God and in God is eternal and peaceful.
EGO DEFENSE MECHANISMS
- There are many ego defense mechanisms; these are mechanisms that we all employ to defend our egos; our egos are mere ideas that we think are who we are, when we defend them they seem real for us and when we do not defend them they disappear and where we had seen the ego is now another self, Christ, Buddha, the son of God who is one with God. The ego defense mechanisms are:
- Repression (here painful affects are repressed into the unconscious mind and from there they still affect one’s daily living),
- Suppression (here, one suppresses behavior that are deemed antisocial, most people suppress the desire to have sex with children),
- Dissociation (here, one dissociates from one’s self and acts differently from ones self, people with multiple personality disorder over use this ego defense),
- Denial (here, one denies painful ideas, such as deny drinking too much alcohol or doing drugs even as those are killing one),
- Displacement (here, one displaces anger at innocent people, your boss insults you and you feel angry and do not show your anger at him but go home to displace it to weaker persons, your wife and children),
- Projection (here, you project what is in you to other people),
- Rationalization (here, you do something bad and rationalize it, such as steal from Americans and rationalize that anti-social behavior with the idea that white folks are stealing Africans’ wealth, entitling you to steal from them),
- Sublimation (putting an affect in you to socially useful means, such as using your interest in sex to paint beautiful women),
- Reaction formation (reacting against what you believe is bad in you, such as pastors preaching against prostitution because they visit prostitutes),
- Minimization (making critical issues seem trivial to tolerate having them, trivializing your smoking and killing you),
- Fantasy (if you are hungry, you imagine yourself well bed, if poor you fantasize about having wealth and power),
- Anger and acting out (anger defend the ego from attack),
- Fear (to protect your ego),
- Pride (to make your ego seem important),
- Shame (to make you seem moral),
- Compensation/restitution (here you feel inferior and compensate, act as if you are superior to other people, act as if you are powerful when you feel weak),
- Paranoia, aka delusional projection (here, the weak feeling ego, or older person, or immigrants in foreign lands who feel weak, function as if he is important and other people are doing something negative to his important ego, all imaginary),
- Passive aggression (here, one allows other persons to impose on one and then sometimes act out to show them that one is angry at them),
- Intellectualization (one thinks about a subject ad nauseum but does not act on what one believes is the truth),
- Anxiety and Anticipation (here, one uses one’s mind to imagine what could happen and feels fear and out of fear takes measures to protect one’s self),
- Lying (here, a person uses telling lies to make his ego seem important or moral when he is not moral),
- Humor (having good sense of humor is often used to make depressing events seem tolerable, without good humor people would commit suicide from the realization that life on earth is pointless and meaningless),
- Altruism (here, one loves other people because it is the wonderful thing to do),
- There are many other ego defense mechanisms; you get the idea, ego defense is whatever we do to try making our false, separated selves seem real in our minds; our real selves are unified spirit self.
OLD PEOPLE ARE AWARE OF THEIR IMPENDING DEATH AND DEFEND AGAINST IT WITH PARANOID THINKING, BY DEFENDING THEIR IMAGINARY EGO SELF THEY ARE TRYING TO STAY ALIVE IN EGO; IF THEY STOP DEFENDING THEIR EGO, REMOVE PARANOIA THEY KNOW THAT THE EGO AND BODY DOES NOT EXIST AND EXPERIENCE THEIR REAL SELF, THE UNIFIED SON OF GOD AND IN IT KNOW PEACE AND JOY
PARANOIA IS AN EGO DEFENSE MECHANISM,
IT IS DEFENSE OF A FALSE, BIG SELF TO MAKE THE EGO FEEL ALIVE AND AVOID DEATH OF THE EGO
BE YOUR REAL SELF, THE SON OF GOD
December 4, 2021